Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I become a financial planner on my own without working for a company?

Im getting ready to enter college this fall and I know I have a long time to go before im ready and knowledgable to open my own business but I would like to start planning and know the prerequisites now. I'm interested in starting a business in financial planning and I wanted to know if anyone could help me and tell me what things will I have to learn to become a financial planner, what should I study, and what major would be the best to take in college.|||A financial planner, or financial asset manager is knowledgeable in:





1. Developing a stocks and securities portfolio,


2. Insurance, annuities, and banking products


3. And real estate investments.





A CFP is licensed in each field, and meets experience, education, and ethics requirements.





Accounting is a good major, tax law, business, economics, and estate planning. Also it might be possible to take CFP Board-Registered Programs at your school.|||By starting a small financial planning business at home.|||You need to get certified as a CFP if you're going to do that. And, you need a network of potential clients identified.


Suggestion: go work for a firm first and learn the ropes, then venture out on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment