Friday, September 23, 2011

What kind of financial situation where you in when you got married?

What kind of financial situation were you in when you got married? Did you have a lot of excess money or small savings? Did you both have a full time job/insurance?





Just curious as to where other married couples stood financially when they got married.|||We had jobs and enough savings to put a down payment on a house if we wanted to. Education finished for the moment- but, learning is a lifetime thing. Insurance, yes. Retirement plan, yes.





Excess money has never been an issue- ha ha- we've always worked and struggled like most others.|||My husband and I were in our 30s when we got married; we both had careers, insurance, savings and all this good stuff. I rented, he owned a house. Neither of us had a lot of debt. We didn't have a huge excess of money (still don't), but together we make a comfortable living.|||1st time: I was 17 and had a HS diploma and that's it. He was in the US Navy. No $ but we got Navy Medical free on the base.





2nd time: I graduated law school and was studying for the Bar. No $$ but lot's of education! He's self employed, moderately wealthy and has insurance.|||He had insurance and I didn't so we had to get married so I could get some dental work done. We were dirt poor. He had a full time job and I was part time, no savings at all.|||i had a lot, he had none, and now after a divorce neither of us has anything.|||Two kids, him in college, broker than broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment