Friday, September 23, 2011

What do you think is the best financial investment you can do keeping the investment period of 10 years.?

I am doing my financial planning. I am a log term investor. My current age is 27. I want to retire from my work by 40. In next 13 years I want to be filthy rich. I can do savings of 3K SGD per month. What would be your advice to me about how should I go for my financial planning? Reality looks good idea but other than real estate %26amp; stocks is there any other way to make money in a clean way?|||well i was ready to say mutual funds but that is a form of stocks -- if you think you will stay put in same area i would look into a small bar or cafe and be a owner in name only!!!|||First let me say that being a log term investor is kind of strange.





lol





Now having made fun of that, I have to ask you Why Not Real Estate ?





It is the only investment that I have ever seen that always did good over a 10 year time frame and with the market having dropped soo bad, it is nearly at the bottom. ( maybe another 6 months )


You just can't hardly go wrong in the real estate game if you choose wisely.





I recommend you give it another thought.





other than that I would like to see more "solar" investments.|||There are things you must know before you make any investment. There is no one best investment, but for most people, real estate works better than stocks. It is a nice dream to have to think that you could retire in 13 years. It is most unlikely that you will achieve your goal if your pathway is investment alone.





I don't know what you think "filthy rich" may be, but you will need both exceptional application and exceptionally good fortune to become very rich. It can be done, but none of the people I know who have done extremely well have become rich through investment alone.





Rich DeVos and Jay VanAndel needed twenty years for their company to grow to annual sales of $1 billion, but only three years to double that as the founders of the Amway Company.





Scott Scheel, whom I have met, has gone from a negative net worth to a net worth that I believe is approaching a hundred million dollars in such a period of time, through commercial real estate.





Michael Bloomberg, a college classmate of mine, went from a net worth of a few million dollars to a net worth exceeding three billion dollars in 17 years; he is currently worth closer to double that much, even while he is serving as Mayor of New York City. His business is information services.





There is a couple in Texas whom I have met, who started a new approach to collection of debts some years back, whose net worth went from an upper middle class level to over four billion dollars in just two years.





You are far more likely to get rich slowly than rapidly, and doing so isn't a sprint, but a marathon, so be prepared to work persistently and steadfastly.


You really will need your own business, as well.





I personally favor commercial real estate, the path Scott Scheel has followed, because once you have acquired a commercial property and made your down payment, you don't have to spend more out of your own pocket. Just make sure it is occupied and maintained. If you buy just one commercial property correctly, you may never need to work again, but the income from that property will enable you to buy others. If this might be of interest to you, then start working on acquiring the specialized knowledge you will need in commercial real estate.





The stock and commodities markets are extremely challenging, even for professionals, and most professional funds managers do not do better than the market as a whole over a long period of time. Individual investors, who cannot act so quickly as professionals, and whose sources of information are not so good, generally do not do as well as professional funds managers, and I have read that a majority of individual investors in stocks actually lose money.





Maybe this isn't the kind of answer you expected, but there is no cut-and-dried or best investment, because times and circumstances change, always, and sometimes quite quickly. An investment sector that looks great today may perform poorly in the next year or the year after that.





Best of luck to you. I hope you will keep me posted from time as to your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment