Sunday, September 18, 2011

What kind of financial aid is available to someone who spent 4 years active duty in the marines?

My son-in-law will be getting out of the Marines this summer after 4 years,and will be doing 4years inactive duty. Is there anyone out there who knows what is available for him in financial aid? From what I read about the GI bill online, I'm not even sure he'll be eligible for that.|||start at www.va.gov and www.firstgov.gov or www.usa.gov





and look for fedbenefits.gov too. fafsa.gov good luck. they are screwing out many soliders now. shame on bush. my son is getting the runaround as well.





try finding a school that will help him. there are some states that are doing this for soldiers.|||The G.I Bill is available to him reguardless. They cannot take that from him. Unless he's getting out of the military with an other than honorable discharge.|||Just apply for a federal student aid loan they have some sort of incentive for being in the military.


here is the link:


http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/


Good Luck!|||He will be eligible, I believe, if he signed up for it upon enlistment. If he didn't I'm not sure. He may be out of luck. Talk to a recruiter. Maybe if he puts some time in the reserves he can still get it. I'm on the long end of the age for recruitment and I got it with a kicker for the Guard. There is hope.|||yes he would be eligible for the gi bill to go to school on or anything he would like to do. or any state pell grant or scholorships.

No comments:

Post a Comment